After a long period of time spent working, you need to go in a well deserved holiday vacation! One of the best destinations you can choose for your upcoming vacation is Kuala Lumpur. I know that almost everybody will spend Christmas with their family at home, but after that event, I suggest you visit Malaysia. KL is a stunning city with lots of tourist attractions and things to see, if you have more time this holiday season, then you are definitely in for a treat! My friend who works in KL created this list of best tourist spots in Kuala Lumpu that showcases true beauty of Malaysia. “Truly Asia”… 🙂
1. Chinatown If you go to Kuala Lumpur then you definitely need to check out this place. It’s colorful, filled with people of different nationalities, lotsa street food and great bargains. You can find anything from jewelry to exotic food such as duck or fried frog. Yum!
2. Batu Caves These caves are the main point of focus for the Thaipusam festival that is visited by thousands and thousands of people each year. The festival comes with a neat celebration that allows you to get a glimpse into the local culture. Even if you come during the other days of the year, the surrounding area is spectacular and worth paying a visit.
3, The Petronas Towers Many people consider those towers as being the emblem of Kuala Lumpur and they were right. The twin towers are made of chrome and steel, they are linked between a sky bridge. When we were there, we weren’t able to go up coz it was already late. But my friend who has been there twice said that it has an astonishing view. I believe her.
4. The Menara KL Tower Another majestic tower in Kuala Lumpur, Menara KL. It is higher than the Petronas Twin Towers. But what makes it even more interesting is the fact that it has a revolving restaurant which gives you a spectacular 360 degree view of the city! How cool is that? 🙂 My friend suggested to go there in the late afternoon and have a tea so you can have access to the observation tea. Everything there is expensive, well what can you expect? LOL!
5. Aquaria KLCC If you love the ocean, this is a place for you! Here you can find more than 150 species of marine life, such as sharks, wales, corals and many others. KLCC is also a shopping haven, so if you get tired from watching the marine life, just chill and shop around the mall.
6. The Sultan Abdul Samad Building This building has been built at the end of the XIXth century and it has one of the most interesting architectural designs in the region. Aside from that, it’s also the place where the annual parades take place to celebrate Independence Day.
7. Sunway Lagoon Theme Park This theme park is comprised out of an extreme park, wildlife park, amusement park, as well as a scream and water park. All of these combined offer an amazing opportunity to spend quality time with your family and friends in Kuala Lumpur. You wouldn’t ask for more, everything’s there!
8. The Bird Park If you’re into feathers, this is definitely one of the places to check out. They say that this is the largest bird park in the world, around 209, 000 square meters and has more than 3,000 bird species. It is definitely a must-see for photographers who likes to take pic with their telephoto lenses. 🙂
9. Thean Hou Temple Unlike many temples in the region, this wonderful ornate place of prayer is dedicated to the Queen of Heaven. My friend recommends check it out especially on Sundays where most people pray there. The temple is so colorful with great views.
10. The Perdana Botanical Garden You can check out the Botanical Garden for free. Who doesn’t want free things? There is a lot to see so try to spend at least a few hours there. Bird Park, Butterfly Park, Deer Park, Planetarium, Hibiscus and Orchid Gardens etc. You will love it there, so many pretty awesome things. 🙂
The things listed here are just few attractions my friend recommends. There are multiple others, such as the Putrajaya Bridge, Police Museum, Jalan Alor etc. If only we have more than 24 hours in a day, sigh… Anyhoo, if you want to take an exquisite, fun and educational vacation this holiday season, then pack your stuff and book a flight to Kuala Lumpur! I hope this post help you. 🙂